Saturday 26 January 2013

My Top 5 Tips to Stay Motivated


There are many aspects towards creating a successful business or thriving in your current business, but on the top of the list should be keeping your vision alive and yourself motivated regardless of the struggles and obstacles you have to face. Here is my top 5 tips on how I manage to do this.

If you don’t truly believe in yourself or your product or your dream, how are you going to get anyone else to believe in it with you? How do you expect to get sales if you can’t even sell yourself on your your own dream?
No one is ever going to be your biggest fan, more than yourself. It stands to reason that you are the champion of your own dreams andvision.
Therefore it is up to you  to cultivate the skills and habits to keep you motivated and on track each and every day. It is what matters because you matter!

So here are my top 5 tips that you too can use as tools to stay motivated and on top of your game:

1. I keep only two mental snapshots of myself: a.) where I am and  b.) where I want to be in life.
This means that I don’t focus and mull over things of the past. I learn from the past, but I do not let the scars of yesterday haunt me or keep me from moving in the right direction. Momentum in the right direction is key.
2. I wake up each day and set achievable goals -  small improvements I can take action on today to improve my business skills and life skills.

3. I constantly repeat positive slogans to myself during the the course day. Example; “If it is to be- it is up to me” and another favourite: “It is not who I am, but who I am becoming that is important”. Motivational sayings and affirmations helps  us move forward in life and accomplish greater things than we could ever have imagined. After all, how can anybody deny the power of a can-do attitude.

4. I am always aware of seeking  opportunities by upgrading my skills and doing research on trends in my field of interest. I see an opportunity to make a difference in any small possibility that comes my way. All it takes to create a great opportunity is: an open mind, an open heart, an optimistic attitude, and the willingness to take action.  When you begin to do this on a regular basis, you can’t NOT attract exciting business opportunities into your life.

5. Lastly, and my most important tip that I practise...I surround myself with principled business partners and build lasting relationships with clients. This is a valuable sentence to grasp and internalize and I could write volumes about its essence.

I heard a slogan once which I apply to this day “if you are the smartest one in your team, then it is time to get a new team”. Having business partners, including my life partner, who is constantly motivated, energizes me and helps me to perform better.

Gentle reader, these 5 tips can work for you too if you decide right now to put it in practise.
You CANNOT allow, nor wait for people and circumstances to get you motivated and fired up. 

Simply, pick up the tools each day yourself and stay motivated. Be aware that a motivated person has the energy levels to far out-perform any colleague or competitor. Motivated people are ACHIEVERS.
Believe in yourself, and the rest will fall into place. Have faith in your own abilities, work hard, and there is nothing you cannot accomplish. Lets believe in our dreams and achieve them with passion.
_________________________
Calvin Dorman is a Professional Online Business Consultant and Graphics/Web Marketing Lecturer from Cape Town, South Africa, offering companies and individuals more effective Web Marketing, one to one Computer Training and Graphic Design solutions. Give him a call on 084 632 6622. Read more of Calvin’s business and motivational articles at http://www.calvinbusiness.co.za

No comments:

Post a Comment